Friday, June 28, 2013

Bourbon Street Chicken!

Okay, you'll soon learn that I love to cook! I love trying new recipes! It's like a science experiment! 

Anyways, Bourbon Street Chicken is a serious favorite of the guys in my house, and Joseph and Sean have been begging me to make it. Joseph was worried that I would make it too sweet or something because apparently it is very easy to screw up. I did some research and found a great recipe though, and when I cooked it last night, they absolutely LOVED it! Like so full they could burst because they ate so much love! Hope you guys love it as much as they did!

Bourbon Chicken
  • 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts; cut into bite-size pieces
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 garlic clove; crushed
  • 1/4 teaspoon ginger
  • 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or less if you don't like it spicy)
  • 1/4 cup apple juice
  • 1/3 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch (only if thick sauce desired; I didn't use it when I made it)

Preparation:

  1. Heat oil in a large skillet.
  2. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
  3. Remove chicken. 
  4. Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well blended and dissolved. 
  5. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil. 
  6. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes uncovered. 
  7. Serve over hot rice.
I also added some onion powder, Italian seasoning, chili powder, Old Bay, and Cajun seasoning... but I add stuff to everything! We served it over Cajun rice instead of white or yellow rice to give the recipe a different feel! It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading Blue Sky Days! XOXO, Kyrstie.