Friday, October 11, 2013

October's Currently!

October is definitely my favorite month and time of the year, and I'm so glad it's finally here!


I'm officially 30 Weeks pregnant, so only a quarter of pregnancy left to go! 10 more weeks until Little Man is finally here with us!

CURRENTLY...

LISTENING: 
To the birds chirping, the leaves rustling through the trees, two squirrels running up and down a tree and cackling at one another, and Motley unstealthily stalking after them - as well as Anna watching her favorite show, Courage the Cowardly Dog in the background. 


I absolutely love living out in the country for moments like this because I wouldn't hear roasters crowing in the morning or owls and whippoorwills sounding at night if we lived in the city. We still have butterflies, crickets, grasshoppers, and we even saw a hummingbird the other day while sitting on the front porch swing. Nature is so breathtaking and beautiful!


LOVING:
It's done getting above the 70s here, and sitting outside at night in 54 degree weather feels incredible! I love the fall because it's just cool enough for a  light jacket, and the warmth of the sun through the breeze feels perfectly amazing! I wish it would stay this temperature all year long, and I pray we don't have quite as bitter of a winter this year as we did last year!


I'm also so excited that the Holiday season is finally starting, which means decorating, scented candles, family time, and lots and lots of hearty, soul food cooking! Check out my chili and roast recipes (and more) at Mommy's Corner!


THINKING:
Joseph and I are trying to come up with lots of ideas and traditions to make this Holiday season and every Holiday season special for little Anna ...and next year, for Little Man. I love getting her involved in anything we're doing: cooking, shopping, etc., and we have quite a few things planned for this year; starting with a trip to our local dairy farm for a corn maze, pumpkin patch, petting zoo, fall treats, and so much more, closer to the middle-end of this month!


WANTING:
I really want to take some fall pictures down by the canal whenever we can get over there because it's so pretty down there, and yes, we live in the woods, but there aren't really any pretty spots to take pictures in, and we kind of live in the land of the pines, haha!


Also, Anna has some Halloween jammies and a cute little Halloween outfit, but we still haven't found her Halloween costume yet, and I want to get her some cute little fall and winter outfits, especially for around Christmastime! ...I also want to get a cute, warm, comfy maternity sweater if I'm going to put my pregnant butt in any pictures this year, haha!


NEEDING:
Anna has been so cranky (and whiny) lately - like can't put her down or she will start whining whiny, and being a Stay-At-Home Mom that doesn't get out and around other grown-ups nearly as much as she used to is REALLY getting to me. I need a break, a VACATION, and some time to relax with my sweetheart, instead of worrying about getting her to go to sleep before we even get to touch each other ...and about fiances, work, transportation, housing, etc.


TREAT:
I'm not much of a baker, but we're making some fall treats this year! 


We've baked cakes, muffins, and cookies since the beginning of this month, but I'm baking a pumpkin pie (and possibly a chocolate chip cookie cake) this coming week for my Daddy's birthday, and we'll be making caramel apples (as soon as my fatty pregnant self stops eating all the apples, haha!). I've also thought about making an apple crisp or some apple cider later on this month!


So, what's "currently" going on with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading Blue Sky Days! XOXO, Kyrstie.