Friday, December 13, 2013

Last Doctors Appointment!

SIX MORE DAYS 'TIL D-DAY!


We just had our very last doctors appointment before Baby Chayton is born today. I wasn't able to see my doctor because she had just gotten back from vacation and was completely backed up, so I saw the nurse practitioner there. She was great (...though not used to Anna's stranger anxiety)!

Everything is looking and sounding good (yet again, they say I am measuring small, but I apparently carry babies in my back, haha!), and when she checked my cervix, she said I am between 3-4 cm dilated (which is crazy because I was only at about 1 1/2 when I was induced with Anna), and he is literally RIGHT there (again, Anna had engaged by the time I was induced with her but wasn't nearly as low and hadn't shimmied down like he has). Like I could reach up there MYSELF and feel him he's so low. She had to reach around his head to check me. She said, "Feels like you're sitting on a bowling ball doesn't it? We'll be lucky if we even have to induce you!" ...yeah, heard that before and ended up praying and waiting until 2 days past 40 Weeks, haha!

Furthermore, I am VERY glad that we have already scheduled our induction with my doctor because she has 2 surgeries and 42 patients just TODAY! But, she said she will be on call this weekend and next week now that she's back from Florida, so she will be there whenever we need her, if he decides to make his debut earlier than this coming Friday.

So, that's about it. Now, it's back to the waiting game for 6 more days (though I think I might start packing our bags today at that news). It would be so interesting for labor to come naturally before Friday, just so I could experience it ALL. Who knows, this is probably the last baby for us ...at least for a long, LONG time! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading Blue Sky Days! XOXO, Kyrstie.