Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 26!

DAY 26 - Road Trips: I don't exactly know why I love road trips so much, but I feel like they are the definition of freedom and spontaneity: away from the drone of everyday life, away from the world of technology and disconnect, and with the people you care about. Some of the best memories and laughs are made on road trips, and the car is where you have the longest, deepest conversations and really find out who people truly are. Driving, interesting sights, weird gas stations, getting lost, debates, stories, bad dancing, and off-key sing-a-longs... I wouldn't trade those times for anything. It doesn't matter where you're going, it's who you're with. It's like Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "Life is a journey, not a destination."


Joseph and I on our first road trip together (to go pick up his childhood friend, Egan from Fort Benning, GA and bring him home to Macclenny, Florida; a trip that turned into a 12 hour round trip with no sleep). It's where we talked about our lives, hopes, and dreams, told stories, expressed opinions, and when I knew HE was the one I wanted to be with. I'll always remember the Listerine and the Mercedes, "Turtles!," and the Possum Police ...so many memories in one little trip!

BSD Comic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading Blue Sky Days! XOXO, Kyrstie.